SHE Cooks: Frozen Breakfast

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Hey y'all! So a few weeks ago I was tired of spending $$$ to buy frozen breakfast sandwiches. So I figure why not just make them myself? They were so easy that I decided I had to share with you all!

I knew I wanted both english muffin sandwiches and breakfast burritos. To make both you will need:

English Muffins (2 packs makes 12 sandwiches)
1 lb of sausage
12 sausage patties (you could make your own patties, but I was being lazy!)
22 slices of cheese
1 dozen eggs
10 pk tortillas (I used wheat)
Hashbrowns (optional, but encouraged!)



To start, crack all your eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. I added a little bit of milk, but you could also add water.

Pour the eggs in a flat pan that has an edge. I used my Pampered Chef bar stone. Bake at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. Keep an eye on them. You'll know they're done when the edges starting peeling from the side of the pan and the middle is cooked through. 



While the eggs are cooking, go ahead and start cooking your sausage patties.



Now that your eggs are done and have cooled for a minute, it is time to cut them. I used a stemless wineglass to cut my circles. Find whatever makes the size circle you want! The "scraps" will be used for the burritos, so don't throw those away!



Place all your patties and egg circles on a cooling rack, because they'll all need to be completely cooled before you package them.  While these are cooling, fry up your pound of sausage and set it aside to be cooling. It'll come in handy in a few minutes for the burritos.


Once cooled, assemble them with a slice of cheese!



You don't have to get fancy with your wrapping... I used wax paper and scotch tape and it worked just fine. Freezer paper would probably be a better choice though!


Since all the prep work for the burritos is done this part is easy! I went ahead and laid out 10 sheets of wax paper with the tortillas on top so I could do them all at once! Start with your cheese and then top with egg. 


Then add your sausage and, if using, hash browns. I seasoned mine with some cajun seasoning. It gave them a little kick without being spicy! 


Look at all those yummy burritos!


To fold start by folding in the sides.


Then while holding the sides in, roll it up!



Repeat the same process for the wax/freezer paper.




There you have it! You now have 12 sandwiches and 10 burritos!  

To reheat: take them out of the paper and wrap with a damp paper towel. Microwave for 1.5-2 minutes. The first one will need to be trial and error based on your microwave. My one at home is two minutes, but at work it only needs one and a half!

I hope you enjoy! Do you like any other toppings on yours? I'd love to hear about it in the comments. 

xo Courtney 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.