SHE Crafts: Spring Flowers

Thursday, March 31, 2016

Happy Thursday, y'all! I love flowers, especially in the spring. So today I'm showing you how I made a cute little flower out of toilet paper rolls! 

All you'll need is about two rolls per flower, green paint for the stem, whatever color paint for your petals, a center (I used a rhinestone, other options are buttons, pom poms, etc., get creative!), a hot glue gun and a stem (I used a pipe cleaner, but it was a little too flimsy. I would suggest a wood skewer). 


To start you'll need to paint your rolls inside and out and let them dry. You'll notice I didn't paint the whole green tube because I knew I wouldn't use the whole thing.


Next you'll want to flatten and cut the tubes. Roughly 1/4 inch each. You will need five pieces for the flower petals and two green ones for the leaves. 


Glue your two bottom pieces together and press your stem in between them. 


Finish gluing your petals together, then the center of your choice, then the leaves. 


Isn't it just adorable!  I have mine in a small vase, but you could even put them in your pot with real plants.



What I love so much about these isn't just how easy they are. It's how creative you can get when making them. From the color you choose, to the center, to how you "plant" them. It's all so flexible!

If you make one I'd love to see it. Post pictures in the comments!

xo Courtney

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.