SHE Takes Care of Her Family

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

 
Last week was interesting at our house, the stomach bug came to visit!  We have had weeks that would have been better for the visit, but this bug just shows up unannounced.  We have a big family and he tries to make his way through all of us every time he visits.  We were already having an eventful week.  My oldest daughter was in a mock trial competition and was competing every night.  My son fractured his wrist in karate.  Honestly it just wasn’t a good time for us.  So, when my little daughter got sick at 2 am I went to Walmart for some supplies.  (No, I did not wear my pajamas!) 

My great, great grandmother was a full blooded Cherokee Indian.  She passed down a recipe for stomach problems.  Upset stomach, diarrhea, nausea…..you make blackberry tea.   


Recipe for Blackberry Tea

1 bag of frozen blackberries

Sugar

Water

Place frozen blackberries in pan and cover with water.  Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.  Strain the blackberries from the juice, and sweeten the juice with sugar (you could use honey).  Cool and drink.

 
I had my youngest start drinking the tea.  She wanted to play the next morning. (remember I went to Walmart at 2 am.  So she was feeling better by 8 am. I was not.  I was tired!)



Now what about everyone else?  No one else in our family got sick!!  (Of course, I changed the hand towels every few minutes in the bathroom.  Lysol sprayed every surface, including door handles and light fixtures.  And kept the sick baby girl in her room.)  Plus I started everyone else on Grape Juice.  Yes!  %100 Welches Grape Juice start drinking 1-2 cups  a day and it will keep the stomach bug away!
If you already have the stomach bug, then you drink the blackberry tea!  You can’t drink the grape juice if you are sick…you will just throw up grape juice.  If you are sick the blackberry tea really does soothe your stomach and help you to get better faster.   
 


We have been drinking 1 to 2 cups of %100 Welches Grape Juice every day.  Everyone else is fine.  It works!!  I have heard this stomach bug is everywhere right now.  I know a guy who works at Starbuck who was sick, several waiters and waitresses, a teacher and of course lots of students.  So me and my family, we are going to drink our grape juice every day.  Perhaps you should too! 

I hope everyone stays well.  I hope these tips help you and your family. I know they have been useful to mine.
Lisa B


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.