Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole

Thursday, November 19, 2015



Last night we put up our Christmas decor, well really I should say early, early this morning. We pulled everything out of the attic, we put together the tree (fake and passed down from my grandma) and then we searched everywhere for the lights. RJ swears we threw them away because we didn't want to fool with them last year.. I think RJ threw them away because I think that's crazy!! We went to Wal Mart (10 pm at this point) and grabbed two '100 lights' boxes.. we got home to see this wrapped twice around the bottom of our tree so back to Wally World we went. We finally were able to decorate our tree and I stayed up late, late to finish everything! I'm super happy it's done though. 

I know, I know you think it's too early for Christmas decor but it's not! I am so busy with the Holidays, each week that gets closer to Christmas I get 5 million times busier. I wanted to put our decorations up early so I wouldn't be rushed to do so later & I wanted them to be up when my family comes in town next week for Thanksgiving. 

Speaking of Thanksgiving, I'm currently in the middle of planning the first Turkey Day that I'm hosting! It's scary but with the help of my fellow SHEs I feel prepared, sorta. I knew one dish I couldn't forget is the Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole. My aunt makes it every holiday (think Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter) and it's my favorite! 

Broccoli Cheese Rice Casserole
Serves 4 (Double or Triple if you're making for a crowd!)

1 16oz Bag of Frozen Broccoli
1/2 Pound of Velveeta 
1 Cup of Milk
1 Can Cream of Celery Soup
3 Cups Cooked Rice
1/2 Teaspoon of Pepper


1. Spray a 2-quart Baking Dish with Cooking Spray & Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. 
2. Boil water for about 10 minutes or until very tender
3. Drain broccoli very well and mix everything in a baking dish
4. Bake for 25 minutes


This recipe is so yummy & a great side dish any night of the week! You can also add cooked, shredded chicken and you have a full, easy dinner! Hope you guys have a great weekend. 

Xo,
Riley 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.