Window Washing

Tuesday, November 3, 2015



Hey Y’all! Looking back, I can remember when my cousin and I would love to clean my grandmother’s windows. The whole front of her house was solid windows that led out to a porch that overlooked the lake. Her porch was wonderful. It was covered with all types of flowers, plants and patio furniture and for some reason the most fun we had on the porch was cleaning Janie’s windows.

Today, I have no idea why we got such enjoyment out of that – it must have been the squeegee. Now as I have my own windows to clean, I do not find the task nearly as fun as it was 15 years ago! But it’s a job that has to be done, especially since these sweet, furry friends of mine have taken over our porch. They always want to see what’s going on inside, so I’m forever cleaning nose marks off the back doors. They’re cute, so I can’t really complain!

(Notice the nose marks!)

When I wash windows, instead of using store bought glass cleaner, I’ve started mixing Dawn dish soap, vinegar, and water in a spray bottle. Shake it up before each use, spray your windows, and wipe away with your squeegee – or use newspaper if you don’t have a squeegee. The newspaper will actually cause less streaking than regular towels or paper towels. Once they dry your windows will look brand new – easy as that!

Washing Solution

3 Drops Blue Dawn Dish Soap
2/3 cup of Water
1/3 cup of White Vinegar


Do you find yourself constantly cleaning windows? Let me know how this cleaning solution works for you!

xo ~ Brittney


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.