Sweet Potato Casserole

Wednesday, November 18, 2015





I love Thanksgiving!!!  It is by far my favorite holiday. I love all the wonderful food that makes this day the greatest.   My table would not be complete without this southern staple!  Sweet Potato Casserole is a much needed dish.  Everyone needs to have a tried and true version in their recipie book. 

Sweet potatoes are kind of a pain to peel.  A sweet friend of mine made my life easier when she said, boil the potatoes with the skins on them.  Then the skins just slide off. This has made making this dish a breeze.  



Now this year we are going to take Thanksgiving to the beach.   So personally, I am making the base of the sweet potato mixture and putting it in a container and then the topping in another container.  I will put them in a serving dish at the beach and bake.  I usually make this two to three days before Thanksgiving. Doing the prep work I can each day makes the actual meal day easier.  

Sweet Potato Casserole

5 sweet potatoes (cooked and peeled)
1/2 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk

Place all the above ingredients in mixer and mix well.  Place in a casserole dish. 
Make topping.

Topping
1/2 stick butter, melted
1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans

Crumble topping on top of sweet potato mixture.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes.  

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.