It's The Holiday Season

Monday, November 30, 2015

Hey Y'all!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We sure did!!  We enjoyed our time with family and friends and played cards, ate way too much, and then set out for a night of shopping.   If you have been following us, you know my husband, Mike,  fries our turkey (and several others).  This year's was the best! I don't think he did anything different to them, but oh my goodness, it was so juicy and tender. A delicious turkey and all the fixings make for a wonderful Thanksgiving.  But we don't stop there...

We love to go "Black Friday" shopping.  Not because we want anything particular, but we always run into sweet friends we don't see very often and it's so fun catching up.  I think the cool weather and the official start of Christmas carols (although our stations have been playing them since early November) really puts me in the Christmas spirit.   How about you?  How do you kick start your Christmas season?  I love the decorations and activities and try to cram as much in as we can in the 4 week span.  We put up multiple trees Thanksgiving weekend...  I have 1 in our living room- very family friendly/ hodgepodge,  1 in the dining room- a little more structured, and 3 small ones in our foyer- lights only.  I have scaled back on the trees this year as Brittney's pink themed "Barbie" tree moved to her new home with her. It is very cute, I am sure she will post a picture.

I admit, I do not enjoy setting up the tree, especially fiddling with all the lights.. & Yes I do have 3 sections of my pre-lit white lights not working at this time...argh. But I love each and every one of our ornaments.  There is a story with most all of them and I cherish the sweet thoughts and memories that come with each one being unpacked and hung prominently on the tree.  This one is the most special one we have.  We had been married less than 3 months. It was so much fun setting up our tree and decorating our home. 

Our First Christmas ~ 1982 Hallmark

I try to make sure we have an ornament each year to add to our collection and that it has the year on it.  Last year we had a little mishap and lost a few... I was very sad, but things happen.    Here are a few that hold an extra special place in my heart... what do you think? 

 
This was from my Mom, Janie, the year I was 
pregnant with Brittney. She got a "Dad to be" one for Mike too!


These treasures have been a source of fun every year.  Brittney made these in preschool when she was about 2.   They have cute little sayings on them and were made to her height that year.  As she got older and could help us decorate the tree, each year the "chain" made its way higher and higher. She loved for it to be in the most prominent spot on the tree so everyone could see it.  We have laughed about it each year when we see if survived another season.  I couldn't imagine our tree without it. And though not in the very front of the tree ~ it definitely is on our tree this year too.   



       


And this one is a picture of Brittney & Andrew at the venue they chose for their wedding.  They got engaged in 2013 ~  It was certainly a year we will remember.





I haven't selected our 2015 ornament yet, but it has been an exciting year and I hope our ornament will reflect that too.  I will be sure to post a picture when we select one. 
 
What type of ornaments do you use? Do you coordinate all your packages and tree decor? I love that look, but am never that on top of things to make it happen... Maybe one day.
 
All month we will be sharing some of our holiday ideas, recipes, traditions and tips.  Please feel free to leave us a comment, let us know your decorating ideas and your go to recipes.  We would love to hear from you.  Be sure to sign up for our emails ~ you don't want to miss out.

  
                                     Amy



















Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© SHE Degree. Design by FCD.